All the know-how of the almost 500 years of history of Casa Codorníu, creator of cava, and of its architect Josep Puig y Cadafalch. Visit one of the greatest masterpieces of modernist art in the world. Discover the underground cellars on our electric train and let yourself be seduced by the entire sensory experience of 3 iconic prestigious cavas.
The visit included:
A welcoming in Sala Puig “the Cathedral of Cava”.
- Art Nouveau Tour:
- Josep Puig i Cadafalch’s architectural Work was declared a Historical-Artistic Monument in 1976.
- History and Heritage of the Codorníu family.
- The Codorníu winery gardens.
- First Codorníu Cava.
- History of the first cava bottle
- Cava Celler Jaume – Innovation and Prestige products ageing area.
- Descent into the underground historical caves (from the end of 19th century)
- Explanation about the elaboration process of cava
- Exhibit of traditional cava making machinery.
- A tour train around the cavas.
- Expedition exhibition
- old printing machines
- Tasting of 3 premium cavas with aperitive
With more than 450 years of history, we are the oldest wine and cava producer in Spain, a symbol of passion, innovation and loyalty to our origins.
Inspiring every moment of celebration since the creation of the first cava by Josep Raventós in 1872.